Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Unexpected loss of a loved one

 







I really needed to do this. I'm sorry if I offend anyone. 

The unexpected loss of a loved one is hard for family members to explain and understand. But it's like a mack truck has hit you head on or you walk into oncoming traffic. I know it happens to people every hour of every day. When it does happen everyone is left in shock. Right now from my experience, you are questioning (all these different things.)  


But as someone who just lost her Uncle unexpectedly, I don't know if it has really set in. I haven't had a good cry. But it hurts really bad. And my heart is broken (3 times).  


What can I say about my Uncle Johnny. He was a loving, hard worker, caring, friendly, handsome, very strong willed man. He most of all loved his family. He would do anything for them. IE: ( dress up like Santa when your Big brother is already dressed up like him, when your niece has no one to practice walking down the aisle at her wedding rehearsal until Father of the Bride gets there, he would come to Grammie's house when it was cold outside to help cut down a Pecan tree and use only a drop cord & a chainsaw.) 


I just recently found out that he didn't go to his softball game until he got to see & hold his 1st niece. According to everyone, he would make a point to see me (when I was a baby), while I was at Grandma & Grandpa's house.



 

A couple of weekends ago, Grammie, Jake and I were watching home videos of You, Grandpa, Ann, Sherry & Clayton in a swimming pool. I felt like I wanted to cry. But I couldn't, I was laughing so hard my cheeks were hurting. Then we watched a couple of other ones. It was also very strange, but very unique that Jake was driving your truck over to Grammie's.  


I miss not seeing you go buy the daycare and toot the horn at me. I miss you criticizing how Grammie's Monthly Christmas tree. It's also hard not to call you and say, "Hey, Uncle Ho ho!" Joke between the both of us. You also encouraged me to start making Welcome signs, with different things on it.






I love you & I miss you so much.   Thank you for being my Uncle. 



No comments:

Post a Comment