Friday, January 8, 2021

Health issues


 Health issues


     I have been trying to figure out how to explain what I have been dealing with this last week.  On Tuesday, I had a scare.  I was eating supper when I started feeling funny.  It felt like my heart was jumping out of my chest.  It was scary.  So, we called Faucette Fire Department.  The fire fighter checked me out.  He said I can call for an ambulance or what do you want to do.  


     I asked Dad if he drive me to Chapel Hill hospital - Hillsborough Campus.  He said, yes let's go.  When I got there,  I went directly back to getting my vitals done.  I got hooked up on the EKG.  Then I had to go out in the lobby.  And I waited until at least a hour or more.  


     I got called back & hooked up to so many machines.  While the nurse was in the room,  my heart was just a racing.  My pulse rate would go from 50 to 115.  Then the doctor came in & he was checking out the machine.  He asked are you feeling that.  I said, not really. 


     He said, you are showing signs of tachycardia.  Which is, A rapid heart beat that may be regular or irregular, but is out of proportion to the age and level of exertion or activity.  A fast heart rate can have causes that aren't due to underlying disease.  Examples include exercise, fear, anxiety, stress, anger or love.  


     Now, I have to watch what I eat.  I have to write down when I have a spell.  It feels funny when it happens.  I have to go to the Cardiologist on January 29, to see what they say.  Please say a prayer for me, while the doctors figure out what is going on.  I will keep everyone posted.   




No comments:

Post a Comment